Amid all the recent change it is hard to believe that tax time is approaching again! Was that a groan? We understand and we can help. If you’re like most property investors, trawling through receipt upon receipt to tally up your allowable deductions is probably not your idea of fun. So, as tax time looms we wanted to share our pre-tax time checklist to make things just a bit easier for you.
- Organise your receipts and records
- Make an appointment with your tax accountant to complete your tax return
- Tally up your allowable deductions
- Determine your assessable rental income
- Review your loans and finances
- Start planning for the year ahead
We can help you determine if you can access your equity to renovate, or perhaps expand your investment portfolio if you’re in a position to do so. Remember, asking us to give you a free property investment loan health check could potentially save you money, so it’s worth giving us a call.
If you have any questions about the pre-tax time checklist or would like us to assess your situation, please contact us – we are here to help.
Click here for information about ATO measures and tailored support during COVID-19.